A new MOTOR song featuring Douglas McCarthy (NITZER EBB) from the Man Made Machine album – unofficial video. Check it out!
Hot on the heels of their sophomore album, We’re Here With You, released January 23, 2012 on Tiefdruck-Musik, Julien-K brings us a new video for the title song. They partnered up with Bryan Black of the group Motor for this song it is just drenched with cool. The video works well with the song, keeping things simple and crisp while showcasing the band members as they rotate about. [Source]
UPDATE! Here is the Black Asteroid remix:
Here are the 20 most popular tracks on New Music United this week.
1. Motor feat. Martin Gore is a four months old track that is still not officially released. This radio rip has been an underground hit in the blogosphere all summer and now it’s back on number one for some reason.
2. Everybody hates the first blog single from the Lou Reed/Metallica collaboration, but it still manages to make the top of the chart. Music fans are curious people. Personally, I think don’t think it’s that bad.
3. Manic Street Preachers is an exclusive NMU stream and keeps a strong presence top ten on the chart.
4. Giana Factory, Mikael Simpson (three blog singles on NMU), Kristina Renée, Laust Sonne (three blog singles on NMU) and Darkness Falls are extremely popular Danish artists on NMU.
5. Modern English, Anal Cunt (R.I.P.), The Stooges (sic!) and Roxy Music are all “rediscovered tracks” mingling with all the new releases.
6. Is Tropical, S.C.U.M. and Koudlam (a contender for single of the year!) are official “NMU darlings”.
Oh, and the Flaming Lips blog single is six hours long!
|Motor feat. Martin Gore – Man Made Machine (2011)||01|
|Lou Reed & Metallica – The View (2011)||02|
|Spank Rock feat. Santigold – Car Song (2011)||03|
|Giana Factory – Dirty Snow (Trentemøller Remake) (2011)||04|
|Modern English – Ricochet Days (1984)||05|
|Anal Cunt – Hot Girls on the Road (2011)||06|
|Manic Street Preachers – This Is The Day (The The Cover Version) (2011)||07|
|Mikael Simpson – Lad Det Staa (2011)||08|
|Jim Reid – Black and Blues (2011)||09|
|Is Tropical – Lies (2011)||10|
|Daft Punk – Drive (1994)||11|
|The Stooges – 1969 (1969)||12|
|Sachal Studio Orchestra – Take Five (2011)||13|
|S.C.U.M. – Whitechapel (Carter Tutti Remix) (2011)||14|
|Kristina Renée – Cover Up Your Eyes (2011)||15|
|Roxy Music – If There Is Something (1972)||16|
|Laust Sonne – Lost My Heart (2011)||17|
|The Flaming Lips – I Found a Star On the Ground (2011)||18|
|Darkness Falls: Hey! (Produced by Anders Trentemøller) (2011)||19|
|Koudlam – Alcoholic’s Hymn (2011)||20|
The Bryan Black dub remix of the Depeche Mode single.
BBC 6 Radio just played the premiere of Motor and Martin Gore’s new collaboration, called Man Made Machine. The stills used in the video are also from the upcoming video.
UPDATE! Finally, the official video and audio is released (see links below):
Black Asteroid remix:
Radio Slave remix:
Chris Liebling remix:
UPDATE! Here is some behind-the-scenes footage from Martin Gore’s adopted hometown Santa Barbara:
UPDATE! Here is a HD version of the video with “improved light and magic”:
MOTOR feat. Martin L. Gore “Man Made Machine”
Audio Buy Link: http://itunes.apple.com/album/man-made-machine-feat.-martin/id489189029
Video Buy Link: http://itunes.apple.com/music-video/man-made-machine-feat.-martin/id485769515
Bryan Black and Oly Grasset, who together form the act MOTOR, have shifted gears and recorded a song-based vocal album entitled ‘Man Made Machine’. The first single also titled “Man Made Machine”, features the vocals of none other than Depeche Mode’s Martin L. Gore.
Apart from the original extended version, there are additional remixes by Black Asteroid, Radio Slave and Chris Liebing available athttp://www.clr.net/data.pl?release=CLRX1MP3
“Man Made Machine” Video Credits:
Director: Timothy Saccenti - http://www.timothysaccenti.com
Producer: Brian Graf
Director of photography: Timothy Saccenti
Editor: Ryan McKenna
Live visual effects: Ivan Safrin
Post vfx: Russell Mack
Stylist: Nancy Kim
Clothing: Complex Geometries
Model: Jitney Suwangbutra